DSA’s research services offer information on the industry as a whole, on the direct salesforce specifically, on the public’s experience with and attitudes toward direct selling, and on companies’ operating practices and benchmarks. Here are the reports that are currently available. In addition, both the Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF) and the World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA) conduct research relevant to direct selling. For further information, please click on the report of interest to you.
U.S. Direct Selling
These research reports cover direct selling the in U.S.
- DSA Growth & Outlook Survey
- DSA Report on the Party Plan Sales Strategy in Direct Selling
- DSA U.S. Socioeconomic Survey of Direct Selling
The U.S. Direct Salesforce
These research reports cover the U.S. direct salesforce including such issues as reasons for joining, satisfaction levels, etc.
- DSA U.S. National Salesforce Survey
- DSA U.S. Survey of Former Direct Sellers
- DSA U.S. Survey of Club Members/Preferred Customers/Discount Buyers
- Incidence of Types of Direct Sellers in the U.S.
Direct Selling and the Public
These research reports explore the U.S. public’s experiences with and attitudes toward direct selling. Some reports cover the general public while others cover specific segments of the U.S. public.
- DSA Consumer Attitudes Benchmarking Survey
This survey was conducted as part of DSA's Image Enhancement Program, designed to measure the attitudes and experiences of the consuming public with regard to direct sales.
- DSA U.S. Public Attitudes Tracking Survey
The predecessor to the Public Attitude Benchmarking Survey, this survey monitors changes in key measures of the public's use of, attitudes toward and experiences with direct selling relative to other purchasing channels.
Company Operations and Benchmarks in the U.S.
These research reports investigate the ways direct selling companies operate and identify important benchmarks for various aspects of company operations
- DSA Quarterly DataTracker Performance Checker
DSA's one-page DataTracker survey is your opportunity to measure your firm's operating performance on a quarterly basis.
- DSA Ad Hoc QuickPoll Service
Fast, free and timely, DSA’s QuickPoll Service provides answers to everyday operating questions. Members can poll their fellow DSA member execs and get a snapshot of how they handle a challenging operating issue.
- DSA Management Compensation & Benefits Survey
This study reports on cash compensation and perquisites provided to selected corporate management personnel within direct selling companies.
- DSA Ad Hoc Operating Information Surveys
DSA's Operating Information Surveys (OpInfo Surveys) are devoted to developing a greater understanding of how various corporate departments function in the direct selling environment.
- WFDSA 2007 Direct Selling Worldwide Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- WFDSA 2009 Direct Selling Worldwide Corporate Philanthropy Report
- WFDSA Direct Selling Worldwide Statistical Information
- Find out more about research sponsored by WFDSA
Research Sponsored by the Direct Selling Education Foundation (DSEF)
- DSEF Direct Selling Corporate Case Studies
- DSEF Academic Research
- Find out more about research sponsored by DSEF