Code of Ethics in Action
Communication Initiative Encourages Active Promotion of Code of Ethics by Member Companies
The following 52 DSA member companies were recognized during DSA's 2013 Annual Meeting for their participation in DSA's Code Communication Initiative. The recognition was based on activities completed by each company from March 2012 through March 2013:
- 4Life Research, LLC
- 5LINX Enterprises, Inc.
- ACN, Inc.
- AdvoCare International, LP
- All Dazzle
- Arbonne International, LLC
- Avon Products, Inc.
- Belcorp USA
- Celadon Road, Inc.
- CUTCO/Vector Marketing Corp.
- Dove Chocolate Discoveries
- Enagic USA Inc.
- Energetix GmbH & Co. KG
- Gigi Hill, Inc.
- Gold Canyon
- Hy Cite Corp.
- Initials, Inc.
- Isagenix International
- JAFRA Cosmetics International, Inc.
- Jusuru International, Inc.
- The Kirby Company
- lia sophia
- Life Shotz/Oxyfresh.com
- Lifemax, Inc.
- Mary Kay Inc.
- Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc.
- Noevir USA, Inc.
- Nu Skin Enterprises
- The Pampered Chef
- PartyLite Gifts, Inc.
- Premier Designs, Inc.
- Regal Ware, Inc.
- Rendi, Ltd.
- Rodan + Fields Dermatologists
- Shaklee Corp.
- Silpada Designs
- SimpleXity Health
- Simply Said, LLC
- SimplyFun, LLC
- Southwestern Advantage
- Stream Energy
- Take Shape for Life, Inc - Medifast
- Tastefully Simple, Inc.
- Team National
- Thirty-One Gifts
- The Traveling Vineyard
- USANA Health Sciences, Inc.
- Viridian Network, LLC
- YOR Health
Click here to view the companies recognized at the 2012 Annual Meeting.
Click here to view the companies recognized at the 2011 Annual Meeting.
Click here to view the companies recognized at the 2010 Annual Meeting.
Click here to view the companies recognized at the 2009 Annual Meeting.
What is the Code Communication Initiative?
The third-party credibility compliance with the DSA Code of Ethics affords your company is one of the most important benefits of DSA membership. But are you taking full advantage of this important symbol of commitment to consumer protection?
For each consumer, independent consultant, legislator or regulator who knows about and understands the importance of DSA’s Code of Ethics your company benefits. Won’t you join us in actively communicating with key audiences about the Code of Ethics?
Creating awareness about the Code among both employees and salesforce members is already a required activity under the Code’s provisions – but now your company can be recognized for your coordinated, purposeful efforts in this area when you are designated as a participant in DSA’s Code of Ethics Communications Initiative.
During DSA’s 2013 Annual Meeting 52 member companies (see list above) were recognized for going above and beyond in their efforts to promote awareness of the Code – your company should be among them next year.
Participating in the Code of Ethics Communication Initiative is easy, and some of the things you already do may help move you closer to qualifying for recognition in 2013. Here’s how:
Take a look at the 14 activities listed below - they range from inviting a DSA staff member to address your national convention to posting a link on your Web site to www.directselling411.com, DSA’s consumer website. Complete just five qualifying activities by March 2014, submit the participation form by the deadline and your company will be recognized at the 2014 Annual Meeting and be invited to display the DSA Code of Ethics Communication Initiative seal on your website, catalogs or other promotional materials. You’ll be viewed among your peers as a company that has gone above and beyond to promote the fact that you pledge to practice the highest standards in business ethics – it’s a competitive edge you can’t get anywhere else.
To qualify for recognition under the Code of Ethics Communication initiative complete just five of the following 14 activities between March 2013 and March 2014.
- Post a clear and conspicuous link to the DSA Code of Ethics (directed to either www.dsa.org or www.directselling411.com) on the home page of the company website.
- Inclusion of the complete DSA Code of Ethics on the company website.
- A link to DSA’s consumer site: www.directselling411.com on the company website.
- Inclusion of the links to the DSEF produced DSA Code of Ethics Online vignettes on the company website.
- Engaging a member of the DSA staff to give an industry presentation to key company employees (senior management, Board of Directors or majority share holders).
- Engaging a member of the DSA staff to give an industry presentation to members of the field salesforce at a company-sponsored event.
- Providing a training program (administered by company personnel) on the DSA Code of Ethics for members of the salesforce.
- Distributing copies of the Code of Ethics to members of the salesforce at a company event.
- Distributing copies of the Code of Ethics to members of the salesforce in a stand-alone mailing.
- Inclusion of the complete DSA Code of Ethics in the company’s policies and procedures manual.
- Inclusion of an article about the Code of Ethics in the company’s print or electronic newsletter.
- Including a “Code of Ethics Quiz” on the company’s website that encourages salesforce members to learn about their rights and responsibilities under the Code.
- Begin including in the company’s start-up kit a copy of the DSA produced one page synopsis of the DSA Code of Ethics.
- The company’s Code Responsibility Officer participates in the annual CRO conference call.
The Fine Print
Any DSA direct selling member company may participate in the program and qualify as a “participant” by completing, on an annual basis, an application indicating that the requirements set forth for the initiative have been met. Each company’s qualifications will be initially reviewed by the DSA staff and then be verified by the DSA Code Administrator.
Participants for 2014 (for activities completed prior to March 31, 2014) will be recognized at the 2014 DSA Annual Meeting in Orlando. Companies may apply at any time between April 1, 2013, and March 31, 2014, but must submit the completed forms no later than March 31, 2014.
For more information, contact DSA’s John Webb at email@example.com or (202) 452-8866.