The Code and Direct Sellers
As a salesperson, you should expect a DSA member company to:
- Provide you with accurate information about the company’s compensation plan, products, and sales methods.
- Describe the relationship between you and the company in writing.
- Be accurate in any comparisons about products, services or opportunities.
- Refrain from any unlawful or unethical recruiting practice and exorbitant entrance or training fees.
- Ensure that you are not just buying products solely to qualify for downline commissions.
- Ensure that any materials marketed to you by others in the salesforce are consistent with the company’s policies, are reasonably priced and have the same return policy as the company’s.
- Require you to abide by the requirements of the Code of Ethics.
- Safeguard your private information.
- Provide adequate training to help you operate ethically.
- Base all actual and potential sales and earnings claims on documented facts.
- Encourage you to purchase only the inventory you can sell in a reasonable amount of time.
- Repurchase marketable inventory and sales aids you have purchased within the past 12 months at 90 percent or more of your original cost if you decide to leave the business.
- Explain the repurchase option in writing.
- Have reasonable start-up fees and costs.